ONE hundred bands and performers.
More than 1500 hot rods, custom and classic cars.
And a whole lot of fun.
Wintersun, Australia's leading annual Retro Nostalgia Festival is back for another year, and this time it's set to be bigger and better than ever before.
Wintersun 2009 starts on Friday May 29 and ends with the huge Best of Wintersun Concert on Monday June 8.
From dancing and movies to competitions, Wintersun has something to keep eveyone amused.
Held across the border towns of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads, the festival attracts old school music and car buffs from all around the country.
Top events at Wintersun 2009
There's so much happening at the Wintersun Festival this year. To make it easier, here's a rundown of Wintersun's top three events if you're planning on heading along.
1. Dancers will enjoy the fun planned at Seagulls Auditorium on May 31 from 2pm.
Get into the rockabilly action with entertainment by Dance On, Rim Shot, Rockin`Bodgies, Last Chance, Wally & The Gaitors, Atomic HiTones, Hi-Way1 and Route 66. Cost: $20
2. Car enthusiasts will be in heaven with the Wintersun car cruise, which heads along Marine Parade in Kirra and Coolangatta from 6pm. This event is free.
3. A great way to finish off the week is the Best of Wintersun concert at Seagulls club on June 8 from 9.30am. Be entertained Leisa Kerris, Pat Capocci Combo, The Satellites, The Drifters, At The Hop, Steve Wooley with Quick Draw McGraws and The Vel. Cost: $25
For a complete rundown of events, check out the Wintersun festival entertainment guide.
Most of the Festival's events are free. Here's a list of venues where tickets can be bought.
- Coolangatta Rockabilly Hotel
- Tweed Heads Civic Centre
- Kirra Sports Honky Tonk Heaven
- Dance Workshops
- Book online, by telephone 07 5536 9509 or 1300 1 ELVIS, or by fax 07 5536 9170.
- For ticketed events at Seagulls Auditorium call 07 5587 9033 or go to www.seagullsclub.com.au.
- For events at Coolangatta Tweed Golf Club call 07 5524 4544.
- For Anzac Room British 60's Show call 07 5528 8177.
Wintersun 2009 Accommodation
For accommodation during Wintersun please phone Gold Coast Tourism on 1300 309 440 or Tweed Heads Tourism on (07) 5536 4244
If you're thinking about heading along to the Wintersun Festival, why not check out some of the specials on roamfree.com.
Photo gallery from Wintersun 2008.
Read more ...
Wintersun heading South
Wintersun could be done by 2011
Car buff ready for Wintersun
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.