Venomous snake scares staff, shoppers at store
A WESTERN Brown snake had staff jumping onto filing cabinets when it entered a shop in Charleville today.
Nicole Robinson was visiting Indigenous Community Links on Tuesday when she saw something trying to come under the door.
"It was trying to come under but then someone opened the door and it came in," she said.
"It was heading towards IGA but it did a u-turn and came back here."
The snake drew plenty of attention from passers-by before Parks and Wildlife officers attended to remove the snake.
The Western Brown is the seventh most deadly snake and is usually identified by the black specks on the back of its neck.
Business resumed to normal once the snake was removed.