Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News

 

 


Temperatures set to drop below average in parts of region

Premium Content Temperatures set to drop below average in parts of region

Brrr – there’s going to be some cold mornings this week.

Jobs on offer ahead of 2021 Australian Census

Premium Content Jobs on offer ahead of 2021 Australian Census

The Australian Bureau of Statistics is currently recruiting to help deliver the...

Elderly residents left traumatised by road rage

Premium Content Elderly residents left traumatised by road rage

‘So traumatised that she will not go out again’: Ballina Shire Council to address...