FORGET normal cheesecake - try this great reader recipe for Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, brought to you by user Hunter25.
- 1 cup plain chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 1/4 cup hazelnut meal
- 40g butter, melted
- 40g dark chocolate, melted (for base)
- 3x 250g Cream Cheese, cubed and softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 100g dark chocolate, melted (for mixture)
- 100g milk chocolate, melted
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup thickened cream, whipped
1. Melt 40g dark chocolate.
2. Combine biscuit crumbs, hazelnut meal, butter and chocolate and press into the base of a greased 24cm (9”) springform tin; chill.
3.Melt 100g dark chocolate in separate bowl; melt 100g milk chocolate in separate bowl; melt 100g white chocolate in separate bowl.
4. Beat cream cheese and sugar using an electric mixer until smooth. Add the gelatine mixture and beat until well combined.
5. Divide mixture evenly into 3 bowls. Add a quantity of melted chocolate to each bowl and mix until smooth.
6. Whip cream and fold through a third of the whipped cream into each mixture.
7. Spoon mixture into prepared base, alternating between the three mixtures until all has been used. Lightly swirl mixtures with a skewer and shake to smooth over. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight until set.
NOTE: You can make the white chocolate mix pink etc by adding a small amount of food colouring. You can cut it up and freeze it for a few weeks for quick and easy desserts.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.