Mayor, Sommerfield our most expensive councillors
A MAYOR has a lot of responsibilities Unsurprisingly Mayor Paul Antonio recorded the highest expenses this year, spending a total of $37,713.99.
Vehicle travel was his biggest expense, totalling $25,129.36, while wining and dining added up to $2,157.63.
Nancy Cr Sommerfield came in second, racking up a total of $26,909.43.
She spent $20,636.82 on travel and the second most on meals which cost $457.49.
Cr Carol Taylor had the largest tab for accommodation with $2,560.26 spent.
She was out and about the most, spending $432.27 on community engagement.
Cr Geoff McDonald was the region's most economical councillor for the second year running.
All councillors took advantage of taxpayer funded laptops, computers, iPads and motor vehicles, apart from Cr Ros Scotney and Cr McDonald who did not use a car.
What they spent
- Cr Paul Antonio - $37,713.99
- Cr Nancy Sommerfield - $26,909.43
- Cr Carol Taylor - $22,044.98
- Cr Anne Glasheen - $21,719.16
- Cr Bill Cahill - $18,518.74
- Cr Ros Scotney - $18,165.41
- Cr Mike Williams - $16,977.40
- Cr Chris Tait - $15,753.07
- Cr John Gouldson - $14,724.11
- Cr Sue Englart - $14,281.32
- Cr Geoff McDonald - $12,130.01
- Paul Antonio - $173,192
- Mike Williams - $118,086
- Councillors - $102,340
- Total - $1,212,338
The council's top four senior management staff received between $200,000 and $300,000 each in remuneration.
* These figures include superannuation
TOP STORIES ONLINE
- VIDEO: Suburban street brawl captured on camera
- Toddler in intensive care after marathon brain surgery
- Mayor, Sommerfield our most expensive councillors
- Video of boy being assaulted brings ‘strong action’
- Toowoomba man on attempted murder for bedroom attack
- Cutting out the pain: rise in self harm
- VIDEO: Ripley's believe it or not as 'tornado' hits town