Toddler dies in house fire after neighbour rescues boy

A TODDLER has died in a fire which destroyed a family home in NSW outback.

When firefighters in the central western town of Cobar were called to a blaze late Monday, a distraught mother told them her two-year-old daughter was still trapped inside.

A quick-thinking neighbour had rescued the woman's four-year-old son from the fire but could not overcome the smoke to go back for the boy's little sister.

The toddler's body was later discovered in the ruins.

Her mother and brother were taken to hospital and treated for shock.


Essence of a gin winner

Essence of a gin winner

Brookies Gin wins twice.

No ifs, butts or maybes about it

No ifs, butts or maybes about it

Beach butt clean up.

How to save $200 on your electricity bill

How to save $200 on your electricity bill

Slash your power bill and reduce your impact on the environment

Local Partners