TODAY is Friday the 13th, a supposed unlucky day.
But according to Coolangatta intuitive healer Allanah Bahnsen it is only unlucky if you believe it is so.
She says Friday the 13th is simply superstition and the day need not have any bearing on your luck.
"If people believe it (something bad) will happen in their unconscious, then the thoughts form. If they think it again and again, then it becomes real, it comes into manifestation. Thoughts become things," Ms Bahnsen said.
She said to overcome superstition people should look to their thoughts and realise it has no play in their game of life.
Friday the 13th facts:
- Earliest known documentation of Friday the 13th occurs in 1800's
- An amalgamation of two older superstitions, that 13 is unlucky and Friday is an unlucky day.
- In Spanish speaking countries superstition surrounds Tuesday the 13th.
- In Italy Friday the 17th is considered a bad omen
- Dutch Centre for Insurance Statistics reports fewer accidents occur on the 13th when it falls on a Friday.
-Are you superstitious? Share your thoughts below in the comments section.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.