Tender for Ocean Shores sports field construction released
DETAILED designs have been finalised and the tender for the construction of the North Ocean Shores Sports Field and Amenities Block have been released.
Byron Shire Council's director of infrastructure services, Phil Holloway, said building and construction firms will have four weeks to submit their proposals to construct the much anticipated sports field, car park and amenities block.
The new sports field will include:
- a soccer field suitable for 'premier division' matches;
- low spill lighting;
- car park sealing, overflow car park and bus bay;
- pedestrian connections;
- electrical, water, wastewater and telecommunications services;
- installation of sporting infrastructure;
- construction of the amenities building which includes: public toilets; home and visiting team change rooms; canteen; referees room; medical room and covered outdoor area;
- landscaping and compensatory habitat works.
Tenders can be obtained at www.tenderlink.com/byron and close on Wednesday November 2015 25.
Mr Holloway said providing an acceptable tender is received, construction can commence as early as February 2016.
The master plan site layout can be viewed at on Council's website at www.byron.nsw.gov.au.
$1.8 million in funding has been allocated to the project from section 94 developer contribution funds.
Council has also applied for an Australian Government's National Stronger Regions Fund grant which could provide up to fifty percent of the cost.
Successful applicants will be advised in late 2015.