Submissions sought on parks
Submissions are being sought on draft plans of management for Massey Greene and the Terrace Reserve holiday parks at Brunswick Heads which went on exhibition last week.
Minister for Lands Tony Kelly said core recommendation of the Brunswick Heads Foreshores Strategic Plan was that plans of management be prepared for the foreshore reserves at Brunswick Heads.
“The draft plans also include Terrace Park, Banner Park and Memorial Park, which are the iconic foreshore parks that help create the unique identity of Brunswick Heads,” he said.
The plans address a range of issues, including:
* Improved facilities and infrastructure for open space and foreshore areas
* Improved public foreshore access and pedestrian linkages
* Management of native vegetation
* Maintenance of seawalls and management of foreshore erosion
* Improved holiday park facilities and accommodation
* A range of strategies to support the long-term financial sustainability of the foreshore reserve system.
Country Labor MLC for Ballina Amanda Fazio encouraged the public to have a say in the future management of what were very popular recreational areas.
The plans can be viewed at the Grafton Office of the Land and Property Management Authority, Massey Greene and Terrace Holiday Parks, Brunswick Heads Public Library, Brunswick Heads Visitor Information Centre and the Land and Property Management Authoritywebsite.
Written submissions can either be forwarded to the LPMA Grafton office or emailed to CLWR.NorthCoast@lpma.nsw.gov.au by September 10.