Khall's Spinach Lasagne
FOR all the vegie lovers, here's a great recipe for spinach lasagne, courtesy of user Khall.
- 1 large bunch of fresh spinach
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 250gm Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 jar of tomato pasta sauce
- 1 packet of lasagne sheets (fresh or dry)
- Cheese to top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop spinach finely and place in a steamer - steam until just wilted.
- Place olive oil in a fry pan and fry off chopped onion. Add in bacon, corn and mushrooms and fry until just cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine fried mixture with wilted spinach and add Philadelphia cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
- Place a layer of lasagne sheets in the baking dish, cover with a layer of the spinach mixture. Cover the spinach mixture with a layer of the tomato pasta sauce, top with another layer of lasagne sheets and repeat.
- Finish with the tomato sauce layer and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 40 mins or until the cheese is golden brown.