COFFS Harbour has again proven it is a city with a big heart, coming to the aid of a family who lost almost everything in a fire.
Julie Alderman, and her children, aged 14 and 24, were left heartbroken and in shock after fire gutted their unit in Azalea Ave on August 7.
"We lost everything in the kitchen, lounge room and my bedroom," Julie said.
"Luckily the fire didn't get into the kids' bedrooms."
Within 24 hours, letting agents PRD Realty had sent out an SOS to LifeHouse Care which immediately organised for the family to stay at a local hotel with dinner and breakfast provided.
"The next day, on the Friday, we were able to provide furniture, clothing and kitchen items for the family," Pastor Tony said.
"On the Monday we were able to provide a lovely family fridge and microwave as well as fuel vouchers to fill up the car and food to fill up the fridge." Almost two weeks on and Julie and her children are settling into a three-bedroom home and coming to terms with what happened. "I am still amazed at how quickly everything was put in place.
"I can't describe what it meant to get that sort of help. It was overwhelming and I will always be grateful to everyone involved."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.