David Stuart

Reports woman taken to hospital after shock from iPhone

A SYDNEY woman has been has been taken to hospital after receiving a shock from her iPhone, according to media reports across Australia.

However, both NSW Ambulance and  Royal North Shore Hospital, where a woman suffering an electric shock was taken, are remaining tight-lipped on the situation.

A NSW Ambulance spokesman said he could confirm that a woman was treated for electric shock but he was unable to verify the cause of the incident.

A spokeswoman  for Royal North Shore Hospital refused to comment on the situation.

News Ltd and Fairfax outlets reported today that a woman in her 20s was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital in a stable condition.

The News Ltd report said the claim had been verified by ambulance officers.

The incident follows the death of a Chinese woman earlier this month, which her family says was caused by an electric shock from using her iPhone while it was charging.

Another man was reported as being in a coma this week after a similar incident involving an after-market iPhone charger.


Byron Rams and Wildcats rampant

Byron Rams and Wildcats rampant

Rams and Wildcats rampant

Byron's own bachelorette

Byron's own bachelorette

Byron girl hunts the Badger

Local Partners