Reports woman taken to hospital after shock from iPhone

David Stuart

A SYDNEY woman has been has been taken to hospital after receiving a shock from her iPhone, according to media reports across Australia.

However, both NSW Ambulance and  Royal North Shore Hospital, where a woman suffering an electric shock was taken, are remaining tight-lipped on the situation.

A NSW Ambulance spokesman said he could confirm that a woman was treated for electric shock but he was unable to verify the cause of the incident.

A spokeswoman  for Royal North Shore Hospital refused to comment on the situation.

News Ltd and Fairfax outlets reported today that a woman in her 20s was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital in a stable condition.

The News Ltd report said the claim had been verified by ambulance officers.

The incident follows the death of a Chinese woman earlier this month, which her family says was caused by an electric shock from using her iPhone while it was charging.

Another man was reported as being in a coma this week after a similar incident involving an after-market iPhone charger.

Topics:  ambulance editors picks health iphone

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Byron solar train stays on track

ROLLING: Byron Bay Railway Company's solar train.

Solar train stays on track in Byron Bay

Byron Bay are finals bound

PITCH PERFECT: Byron Bay's Levi Shouldice took 5-42 against Lennox Head on Saturday.

Byron head for cricket finals.

Boardriders season finally catches a wave

BIG WIN: Bryce Cameron wins the men's open at the Boardriders meet.

Waves arrive for Boardriders kick off

Local Partners