Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.


What Ballina really needs to help save boaties' lives

Premium Content What Ballina really needs to help save boaties' lives

Death of renowned Ballina sailor on the bar highlights the dangers

Explained: What’s happening with holiday letting rules

Premium Content Explained: What’s happening with holiday letting rules

Rules come into effect in one area sooner than a neighbouring LGA

David Bowie reworked famous song at Northern NSW property

Premium Content David Bowie reworked famous song at Northern NSW property

A luxury property with an impressive musical secret is on the market