THE Biggest Loser celebrity trainer and author Michelle Bridges shares her high protein, low calorie recipe for egg-white omelettes with garlic mushrooms.
Omelette with garlic mushrooms
Ingredients (serves 2, 300 cal per serve)
olive oil spray
250 g mixed fresh mushrooms (oyster, Swiss brown, shimeji), sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
1 shallot, finely chopped
10 egg whites
freshly ground black pepper
4 slices wholegrain bread
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and heat on medium–high
- Cook the mushrooms for 6 minutes, stirring, until browned
- Stir in the garlic, parsley and shallot and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Remove from the heat
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until combined.
- Stir through the mushroom mixture and season to taste with pepper.
- Toast the bread
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with olive oil and heat on medium–high
- Pour in half of the egg-white mixture and cook for 1–2 minutes until just set
- Fold over and slide onto a warm plate. Keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining egg-white mixture for the second omelette.
- Serve the omelettes with the toast.
Michelle Bridges is author of Crunch Time Cookbook.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.