A MOTORCYCLIST died this morning after colliding with a garbage truck in Sydney's west.
Just before 4am, police were called to the intersection of Palmyra Ave and Forrester Rd in Ropes Crossing after the motorcyclist crashed into a Blacktown City Council truck.
It is understood the truck was in the middle of performing a three-point turn while collecting bins.
The motorcyclist, believed to be male, died at the scene.
The truck driver has been taken to Nepean Hospital for mandatory testing and treatment for shock.
A witness said that the garbage truck usually turns into a driveway on Palmyra Ave in order to reverse and go back up the other side of the street to continue collecting bins.
The road is currently closed in both directions.
The death is the latest in a horror few days on NSW roads.
Eight people lost their lives over the weekend, including a teenage couple whose car burst into flames at Port Botany and a three-year-old girl who was hit by a truck at South Grafton.
Route 759 and 674 buses through Ropes Crossing are diverting away from Palmyra Avenue at Forrester Road while the route 780 bus is delayed up to 15 minutes.
There is heavy traffic on Macquarie Rd at Warners Bay, near Newcastle, after a person was taken to hospital after a multi-vehicle accident involving a school bus, two cars and a motorcycle.
Police were called to the intersection of Macquarie Rd and Medcalf St about 7.50am this morning following the accident but were only on scene for a short time.
Other accidents throughout Sydney are causing headaches for motorists this morning with a two car pileup city bound on Narellan Rd approaching the Hume Highway at Mt Annan causing delays.
A broken down car has closed one of three southbound lanes on Pennant Hills Rd at Normanhurst.
- Giovanni Santoro, 18, and his girlfriend Tamara Jordanoski, 17, died in a fiery crash on Saturday night at Port Botany
- Little girl killed in a crash at South Grafton on Saturday morning
- A 50-year-old female motorcycle pillion passenger killed near Bathurst with the rider in a critical condition
- Woman, 27, killed when her car hit a tree north of Narrabri
- A male motorcycle rider, 51, killed in a crash at Mt Seaview
- Truck drivers Mick Gorman and Adrian Ryan died on Friday when their rigs collided at Wilto
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.