‘Petrol on flame’ leads to serious burns

A MAN is in hospital after sustaining serious burns at a residence at Bli Bli, north of Mooloolaba.

The man was believed to have received the injuries after throwing petrol on an open flame.

Paramedics were called to a private residence about 3.20pm and took the 37-year-old under lights and sirens to Sunshine Coast University Hospital.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the man was in a serious condition.


Silver medal for Mono at surfing championships

Silver medal for Mono at surfing championships

Byron Bay surfer finishes the year on a high

Giving shelter from the storm

Giving shelter from the storm

Westpac grant helps the homeless.

Brunswick Picture House scores $627K for upgrades

Brunswick Picture House scores $627K for upgrades

Upgrades on the way for the Picture House at Bruns

Local Partners