Man dies after being served detergent instead of wine

A MAN has died after he asked for a glass of white wine in a cafe and was accidentally served dishwasher detergent.

According to local paper El Periódico Mediterraneo, Spanish Police are investigating and the café owner has been arrested.

Andres Lorente, 50, felt a burning sensation after drinking the glass of what he thought was wine on Sunday afternoon at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellón.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him.

However, the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaròs Hospital.

According to Spanish news source The Local Es, the lethal liquid "had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff."


STORM WARNING: Destructive winds, giant hailstones and rain

STORM WARNING: Destructive winds, giant hailstones and rain

A thunderstorm warning has been issued for the Northern Rivers

Mixed response to border reopening to NSW (except Sydney)

Premium Content Mixed response to border reopening to NSW (except Sydney)

WHAT do you think of NSW being allowed to re-enter Queensland?

Dad’s one wish after footy player’s ‘traumatic’ death

Premium Content Dad’s one wish after footy player’s ‘traumatic’ death

Grant Cook died after collapsing during a rugby league match