Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times


$400m cannabis farm to create 1000 jobs

Premium Content $400m cannabis farm to create 1000 jobs

Australia’s fledgling medicinal cannabis industry is ramping up

Vital justice advocacy service to have funding scrapped

Premium Content Vital justice advocacy service to have funding scrapped

Justice Advocacy Service offers support to people with cognitive impairment at...

Man dead after alleged assault in Coffs Harbour

Premium Content Man dead after alleged assault in Coffs Harbour

Woolgoolga man arrested and charged as police continue inquiries