1. Bridge Club 12noon Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334 for more information.
2. Lismore Branch Diabetes Australia Great Australian Bite Morning tea to raise money for Diabetes Research 10am at the Harry Graves Hall Keen Street Lismore (above the Red Dove Cafe) Come along and enjoy morning tea there will be a raffle, lucky door prizes and entertainment all for $5 donation. For more information ph 6624 1790 or 6629 1302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Red Dove Social Group, 9.30am-2.30pm, small group therapy for people with dementia , ph Service Manager on 6624 6711 for more information.
4. Codependants Anonymous (CODA) 12 step program meets every Thursday 5.15 to 6.30pm at Red Dove Centre, Keen St, Lismore
5. GriefShare 7pm Christian Community Church 51 Deegan Drive Goonellabah ph 6624 3150 for more information.
6. Wardell Community Centre 9am to 4pm 9 Sinclair Street Wardell ph 6683 4867.
7. Intra Drug & Alcohol Support Group, 2pm-4pm, Lismore, ph 6687 2835.
8. Lismore Gem & Lapidary Club Workshop 9am to 12.30pm, Arts & Crafts Pavilion Lismore Showground ph 6688 8280.
9. St Carthage’s Senior Day Care Club 10am to 2pm Goonellabah Community Centre Oliver Ave ph 6620 0008 (office) or 6625 2600.
10. Australian Breastfeeding Ass 10am Goonellabah Community Centre ph 6624 3507
11. Casino Toastmasters 7pm R S L hall ph 6662 3841.
12. Base Hospital Auxiliary meeting 2pm meeting Crawford House, Hunter Street Lismore Base Hospital. Everyone welcome, ph 6624 1583 or 6624 4666. Cooking & Craft Stall from 8.30am to 1pm in foyer of the hospital Uralba St Lismore.
13. Lismore Area Rural Australians Refugees 5.30pm Meeting room Lismore Library ph 6688 8198.
14. Casino Mental Health Carers Support Group 10.30am for coffee, chat and to share experiences Casino Golf Club West St. ph 6628 6416 or 0400 567 080.
1. Old Time/ New Vogue Dance 7.30pm Ruthven Hall, Coraki Road. Admission $8 information, raffles, lucky door prize, dance prizes and supper ph 6683 2430 for more information.
2. Lismore City Library will host a free author talk by local author Tamaso to launch her new book The Missus at 10am at Lismore City Library 110 Magellan St. The Missus is the second in a in a trilogy that follows the development of a woman’s sexuality, from childhood ignorance to teenage shame and through thirty years of faithful marriage until leaving the marriage and blossoming into an independent life of freedom. Tamaso has been awarded prizes in several writing competitions and has had articles published in the Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day and the New Idea. Some of her work has also been published in the United Kingdom and the United States of America. The author talk will be followed by Lismore’s Living Library. For further details contact Lismore City Library on 02 6621 2464.
3. U3A Friday Forum 10am, Lismore Workers Sports Club. Topic: Do people need to be told what to think? Ph 6624 3022 for further information.
4. The Neighbourhood Club 10am Lismore City Hall ph 6621 5642.
5. Free Walking Group for anyone 18 years and older 5.15 to 6.30pm Meet at corner Brewster and Uralba Sts across Lismore Square ph 6628 1822
6. Lismore after school care, 3pm-6.30pm, Lismore Public School, Pound St, for children 5-12 years. Afternoon tea supplied, ph 042 7458178.
7. Goonellabah Out of School Hours, 3pm-6pm, Goonellabah Public School Hall, ph 6624 4928.
8. War Widows Guild 10.30am C W A rooms Spinks Park Lismore ph 6621 4302.
9. Association of Independent Retirees Inc 9.30am Ballina R S L Club ph 6682 5445.(in Goonellabah RSL Sports Club (May & November)
10. Spinners & Weavers & Dyers Group 10am to 3pm McLeans Ridges hall McLeans Ridges ph 6624 2025 or 6629 1510.
11. NR Orchid Species Society 7.30pm East Lismore Public School. Plants benched ph 6624 2316.
12. NR 30’s Singles Social Club ph 6680 1489 or 6624 7474 for venue.
13. For Mums and babies in Casino who are having difficulties with feeding, unsettled behaviour and sleep, adjustment issues and postnatal distress 9am to 3pm Northern Rivers Family Care Centre outreach service in old Baby Health Centre 62 Simpson Parade (opp CWA hall) For referral see your GP or child and Family health nurse.
14. Ballina Alzheimers Support Group 10am Fox St Cottage c/n Fox & Moon Sts Ballina ph 6686 9829.
15. Community 4 Kids Playgroup 10.30am to 12.30pm Kalina Nursing Home Activities room, ph 6624 3311 or 6623 1602.
16. Sands Support Group 9.30am to 11am Child and Family Health Centre 37 Oliver Ave Goonellabah.
17. Lismore Living Library, come along and “borrow” a living book for a half hour from varied religious, social or ethnic backgrounds to people who have had interesting life experiences, 11am to 1pm ph 6621 2464 for more information.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.