1. Carers Social Club, Would you like to have a relaxing break from your care duties? Then the “Connect U Social Club” is the program for you, meeting at MacLean, 10am to 2pm. Meet others in an informal setting; enjoy activities, relaxation, information and a fun day out. Pick ups can be arranged. Please call Christabelle on 042 7250 407 for more information or just drop in and say Hi. It’s all free and lunch included. This is a Tweed Valley Respite Service program.
2. Free Walking Group for anyone 18 years and older 5.15 to 6.30pm Meet at corner Brewster and Uralba Sts across Lismore Square ph 6628 1822
3. Red Dove Social Group, 9.30am-2.30pm, , small group therapy for people with dementia , ph service manager on 6624 6711 for more information.
4. CWA Ballina Branch Handicraft and CUPPA morning 9am to 12noon CWA rooms , captain Cook Park, River St (next to Ballina RSL Club) Everyone welcome ph 6686 4652.
5. Dads in Distress 7.30pm Men & Family Resource Centre 17c Keen St Lismore ph 1300 853 437.
6. Free Service for pregnant women & new mothers 10am to 1pm Natures Child 122 Centennial Ct Byron Bay Arts & Industry Estate ph 6685 5780.
7. Housie 7pm at hall in Rhodes St, Sth Lismore opposite school. More helpers required please. Ph:66213827
8. Northern Rivers Gambling Service 10am to 11am The Buttery ph 6687 2520 for more information.
9. Community Garden workshop 2pm to 5pm Cost $10 ph Carla 0400 680 300.
10. Free Immunisation Clinic 2.30pm to 4pm Child & Family Health Care Centre Oliver Ave Goonellabah ph 6620 2967.
11. Brunzwick AM Toastmaster Club 9.45am to noon Seventh-day Adventist Church hall cnr Shara Boulevard and Bonool Circuit North Ocean Shores ph 6685 8024.
12. Lismore Evening View Club will be meeting at 6:30pm for a 7pm start. At the Lismore Workers Club Guest Speaker is from the Cancer Council and will be speaking about a healthy lifestyle. Members and Guests most welcome, apologies to Genie by noon Monday on 6621 3399
13. Ballina Laurel Club of Legacy meeting 1pm Ballina RSL Club, all legacy widows welcome ph 6687 6761 or 6686 0817.
14. Northern Rivers Bushwalkers Club 7.30pm Lismore Workers Club ph 6624 1766.
15. Indoor Bowls 7.30pm Ruthven hall $2 to play ph 6683 2418 or 683 2430.
16. Table Tennis Team Comp. 6.30pm to 10pm Lismore Sports Club Goonellabah phy 6624 5153.
1. Rainbow Region Boat Club 5pm Lake Ainsworth Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 222 3275.
2. Homework Centre, 3pm-6pm, C-Block Community Connections Youth Space, Keen St, Lismore, behind Lismore City Library. For young people 12 to 18 years, ph 6621 1729, 6621 5025 or 6622 3143.
3. Ballina RSL Women’s Bowling Club invite visitors and other bowlers of other clubs to have a game with them commencing 9.30am. Please have your name in by 8am.
4. SWAN (Safe Water Action Network), 7.30pm, Lismore Workers Club. Be an active member of the community and help keep our water safe from fluoridation, ph 6629 6358.
5. Lismore Gem & Lapidary Club workshop 9am to 12noon Arts & Crafts Pavilion Lismore Showground ph 6688 8280.
6. Bellydancing / Pilates Bollywood 6pm to 7.30pm Tintenbar hall ph 6633 5150
7. Scrabble 10am to noon Tintenbar hall ph 6687 8033.
8. Christian Men’s Network 7pm Potters House Christian Centre cnr Eggins St & County Lane Lismore.
9. Table Tennis U3A Social Lismore Workers Sports Club Goonellabah
Friday (April 30)
1. The Alstonville Summerland Square Dance Club will be holding a family friendly Country Variety Dance at the Alstonville Primary School commencing 7:30 pm. Dances include Bush, Old Time, Contra, Mixers, Line, Round and Square dancing. Couples, Singles and Families, in fact ALL welcome! Further enquiries phone Wilma on 6662 6647
2. U3A Friday Forum will be held 10am, Lismore Workers Sports Club, Goonellabah. The question open for discussion is “Are humans essentially good?” Phone 6624 3022
3. Blast 4 Youth, 3pm-5pm, YWCA, Level 1, 33-35 Rous Road, Goonellabah. Cost Free. Activities include computer access, art, craft, dance, music and video/ help with homework ph 6625 6602.
4. Jelly Beans Playgroup, 10am-midday, Senior Citizen’s Hall, 124 Ballina Rd, Goonellabah. Please bring fruit and drink for morning tea. No other food, as we cater for children with allergies. All welcome, ph 6624 7617.
5. Baby Playgroup for new parents with a baby under 18months, our baby playgroup offers a therapeutic experience for both parent and baby to explore. Come along and enjoy morning tea, informal support and make new friends. Held every Friday morning 10am to 12noon during school terms at 41 Wilson St South Lismore ph Sophie 6621 2489.
6. Spinners & Weavers & Dyers Group 10 - 3pm McLeans Ridges hall McLeans Ridges ph 6624 2025 or 6629 1510.
7. Old time/New Vogue Dance at Ruthven hall on Coraki Road 7.30pm Admission $8 Raffles , Lucky Door prizes, Dance Prizes and Supper ph 6683 2430.
8. Table Tennis Social & Coaching 6.30pm to 9pm Lismore Workers Sports Club Goonellabah.
Saturday (May 1)
1. Pet ADOPT-A-THON 2010! 9am to 3pm With this annual event held in association with North Shore Animal League USA, and 2000 other rescue groups world-wide, ARRG aims to adopt and re-home as many homeless animals as possible in 36 hours. The number of animals re-homed will be totalled by NSAL Washington USA and published in the news. For more info about the event call ARRG on 66221881. To view our work and animals for adoption go to www.animalrights.org.au
2. Biala Support Services Inc., is holding a Debutante Ball for young ladies with an intellectual/physical disability at Ballina RSL Auditorium, River St, Ballina. This will be a great evening for those who attend with all profits to assist those with an intellectual/physical disability, and their families, in the Ballina/ Byron Shire. Tix $40 includes meal and can be purchased at Brite Sparks Kids Clothes, River St, Ballina or Bialla Support Services Inc. office, 78 Fox St, Ballina. Please note tickets MUST be attained prior WED 28TH for numbers. Any enquiries phone Bialla Office on 6686 4763 or Sue Parker on 6686 5143
3. Summerland Pigeon Club is holding its 25th anniversary show in the Jim Muldoon poultry pavilion at the Lismore Showground Today and tomorrow starting at 12pm. There will be a tasty BBQ , all most welcome, admission FREE!
4. Rainbow Region Boat Club 7am Lake Ainsworth Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 222 3275
5. Ballina Toy Library, 10am-1pm, Regatta Ave, rear of River St Children’s Centre, ph 6686 0275 or 0411 719 074.
6. Regular Work Day and gathering at the Community Gardens from 8am Bring water to drink and a piece of fruit to share ph 6620 1815 for more information.
7. Red Dove Social Group, 9.30am-2.30pm, small group therapy for people with dementia , ph Service Manager on 6624 6711 for more information.
8. Gem & Lapidary Club workshop 1pm to 4.30pm Arts & Crafts Pavilion Lismore Showground ph 6688 8280.
9. Richmond- Tweed Family History Society research rooms open for business Mon 10am –4pm [Tues 10am- 1pm, Wed 1-4pm, Sat 10am to 4pm (except meeting days 10am to 1pm) 6 Regatta Ave , behind library, Ballina ph 6686 3257.
10. St Mark’s Saturday Hoi 1pm to 3.30pm Anglican Auxiliary hall off West St Casino ph 6663 3366.
-Tweed Family History Society meeting 2pm Ballina Player’s Theatre 24 Swift St Ballina ph 6686 3257.
Sunday (May 2)
1. Barefoot Bowls. Mid Richmond Residents Village at Coraki are holding a fundraising event. Teams of 4, enter a team or we can organise it for you. Cost to play $4 adults , $2 kids up to 16 years. BBQ lunch on sale from noon, also raffles and a trading table. Bowling starts 1pm ph 6683 2420 for more information.
2. Pet ADOPT-A-THON 2010! 9am to 3pm With this annual event held in association with North Shore Animal League USA, and 2000 other rescue groups world-wide, ARRG aims to adopt and re-home as many homeless animals as possible in 36 hours. The number of animals re-homed will be totalled by NSAL Washington USA and published in the news. For more info about the event call ARRG on 66221881. To view our work and animals for adoption go to www.animalrights.org.au
3. Summerland Pigeon Club is holding its 25th anniversary show in the Jim Muldoon poultry pavilion at the Lismore Showground starting at 12pm. There will be a tasty BBQ , all most welcome, admission FREE!
4. Rainbow Region Boat Club 9am Lake Ainsworth , Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
5. Dragon Abreast Northern NSW 8am Lennox Head Sport & Recreation Centre ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
6. Summerland Amateur Radio Club, 1.30pm, Richmond Hill Rd, Goonellabah. Transmitting and test equipment, Internet facilities, ph 6624 3838 or 6621 8342
7. Lismore City Library will now be opening on Sunday Afternoon between 1-4pm This is in addition to normal hours 9.30am to 5pm Mon to Wed, 9.30am to 7.30pm Thurs to Fri and 9am to 1pm Saturday. Info 66212464.
8. Casino Miniature Trains on old Queensland Road near Golf Club, 10am-4pm. $4 fare with free admission to museum. Mid-week group bookings welcome also, ph 6662 1924.
9. Pottsville Markets ph 6685 7010.
10. Naval Association of Australia Lismore City Sub Section monthly meeting 10.30am Lismore & District Workers Club New members welcome ph 6628 5812 ah.
11. Table Tennis Social 9am to 12.30pm Lismore Workers Sports Club Goonellabah.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.