1. Northern Rivers Family Care Centre runs a Breastfeeding Café 11am to 1pm at the CWA Tea rooms in Spinks Park Lismore (behind the Fire Station) ph Caroline or Jeannee on 6622 8705.
2. The Lismore Orchid Society Autumn Orchid Show will be held Thursday and Friday at Lismore Centro Shopping Centre during Centro trading hours, then on Saturday from 7am to 3pm. A delightful Orchid will be raffled; others will be for sale at reasonable prices, with experienced orchid growers on hand to give advice on choice of purchase and all other things Orchid! Entry free and open to the public, for further info call Ron on 6624 7422 or 0421 021 451
3. Bridge Club 12noon Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334 for more information.
4. Codependants Anonymous (CODA) 12 step program meets every Thursday 5.15 to 6.30pm at Red Dove Centre, Keen St, Lismore
5. GriefShare 7pm Christian Community Church 51 Deegan Drive Goonellabah ph 6624 3150 for more information.
6. Lismore Sociable Lesbian Group, 5.30pm, ACON, every second Thursday of month, “theme evening’, ph 6622 1555.
7. Wardell Community Centre 9 Sinclair St, Wardell. Open 9am-4pm Ph:66834867
8. Rugrats Playgroup Ballina, 10am-midday, Uniting Church Hall, Cherry St, ph 6681 6413.
9. Lismore Library Storytime, 10.30am, phone 6621 2464.
10. Spiritsong 7.30pm North Ballina ph 6687 6657 or 6628 5660.
11.Table Tennis U3A 10am Lismore Workers Sports Club Table Tennis Centre ph 6624 5153.
12. Gem & Lapidary Club silversmithing and faceting Workshop from 9am to 12.30pm in the Arts & Crafts Pavilion, Lismore Showground. Info 6688 8280.
13. Compassionate Friends is a caring support group for any parent whose child has dies at any age 7.30pm Activities Centre rear of Baptist Church Uralba St Lismore ph 6621 4086 ah or 6621 5558.
14. Probus Club of Goonellabah 10am R S L Sports Club. Guest Speaker will be Hendrik de Vries who be speaking upon the subject of Islam. Enquiries via Marion Green on 02 6688 8364.
15. Casino Toastmasters 7pm R S L hall ph 6662 3841.
16. Ballina Carers Support Group 10.30am Harmony House 64 Treelands Cr Ballina ph 6628 6911.
17. RAAF Assoc Ballina Branch 11am R S L Club ph 6686 7994.
18. Lismore Alzheimer’s Ass Carers Support Group 10am Lismore Neighbourhood Centre ph 6623 3313 (Not Dec). ph 6624 2140 or 6624 6711.
19. Lower Clarence Art Group 10am Harwood hall ph 6646 2191 or 6646 2448 or 6646 9028.
1. War Widows Guild 10.30am C W A rooms Spinks Park Lismore ph 6621 4302.
2. Fawlty Towers. The Lismore Theatre Company presents by Special Arrangement with Dominie Pty Ltd FAWLTY TOPWERS by John Cleese & Connie Booth Directed by Brian Best at the Goolmangar hall 7.30pm BYO .Tea- coffee & nibbles provided. Booking & Pre payment essential. Tickets $25. Ph 6689 9220 or 6629 3228 or Goolmangar Store 6629 3178 or Robert McLennan 6621 3900.
3. The Lismore Orchid Society Autumn Orchid Show will be held today at Lismore Centro Shopping Centre during Centro trading hours, then on Saturday from 7am to 3pm. A delightful Orchid will be raffled; others will be for sale at reasonable prices, with experienced orchid growers on hand to give advice on choice of purchase and all other things Orchid! Entry free and open to the public, for further info call Ron on 6624 7422 or 0421 021 451
4. Al-anon Family Groups, 7pm, Trinity Catholic College, Orion St, Lismore, ph 6622 0369.
5. Poor Vision? Free closed circuit TV demonstration/access to assist vision impaired people with reading and writing, 9am-1pm, by appointment, ph 6622 8383.
6. Table Tennis Junior Coaching 7pm Lismore Workers Sports Club Table Tennis Centre ph 6624 5153.
7. Brunswick Valley Historical Society 11am to 3pm cnr Stuart & Myocum Sts Mullumbimby ph 6688 4356.
8. Free Walking Group for 18 years and older 5.15 to 6.30pm, Meet at Brewster St and Uralba St across from Lismore Square ph 6628 1822.
9. South Gundurimba Hall Inc. will be holding their next monthly dance at the South Gundurimba Hall with a start time of 7:30pm, dancing to Val’s selection for Old Time, Modern and New Vogue dances. There will be a lucky door prize, give-aways, and a raffle with a range of prizes, as well as a delicious supper! All proceeds raised to assist with Halls Maintenance. Adults $8, Students $2 and children’s entry FREE. Enquiries to Lorna on 6629 0255, or Alan on 6629 0313
10. Spinners & Weavers & Dyers 10am McLean Ridges hall ph 6624 2025 or 6629 1510.
Saturday (April 17)
1. Bridge Club 12noon Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334 for more information.
2. The Lismore Orchid Society Autumn Orchid Show will be held today at Lismore Centro Shopping Centre during Centro, from 7am to 3pm. A delightful Orchid will be raffled; others will be for sale at reasonable prices, with experienced orchid growers on hand to give advice on choice of purchase and all other things Orchid! Entry free and open to the public, for further info call Ron on 6624 7422 or 0421 021 451
3. Ballina Toy Library, 10am-1pm, Regatta Ave, rear of River St Children’s Centre, ph 6686 0275, 0411 719 074.
4. Red Dove Social Group, 9.30am-2.30pm, small group therapy for people with dementia , ph Service Manager on 6624 6711 for more information.
5. Gem & Lapidary Club workshop 1pm to 4.30pm Arts & Crafts Pavilion Lismore Showground ph 6688 8280.
6. Richmond- Tweed Family History Society research rooms open for business Mon 10am –4pm [Tues 10am- 1pm, Wed 1-4pm, Sat 10am to 4pm (except meeting days 10am to 1pm) 6 Regatta Ave , behind library, Ballina ph 6686 3257.
7. Lismore Art Club 9am to 3pm Wilson Park Special School Wyrallah Road cost $5 per head. For a list of what you need to bring ph 6625 1032 or 6683 2155.
8. Brunswick Valley Historical Society Market Day 9am to noon cnr Myocum & Stuart Sts Mullumbimby ph 6688 4356.
9. The City of Lismore RSL sub-branch and Women’s Auxiliary will each hold their April monthly meeting at the Lismore Workers Club, Keen St, Lismore at 9:45. Members requiring transport or apologies should contact 6621 3851
Sunday (April 18)
1. Lismore City Library will now be opening on Sunday Afternoon between 1-4pm This is in addition to normal hours 9.30am to 5pm Mon to Wed, 9.30am to 7.30pm Thurs to Fri and 9am to 1pm Saturday. Info 66212464.
2. Alstonville Plateau Historical Society is holding its monthly meeting at 2pm in the RSL Hall, Bugden Avenue, Alstonville. This month’s guest speaker is Theresa Gilroy, who will be giving a great talk about the history of local Chinese migrants from the 1850s to the 1930s. Visitors are encouraged to attend.
3. Summerland Amateur Radio Club, 1.30pm, Richmond Hill Rd, Goonellabah. Transmitting and test equipment, Internet facilities, ph 6624 3838 or 6621 8342.
4. Casino Miniature Trains on old Queensland Road near Golf Club, 10am-4pm. $4 fare with free admission to museum. Mid-week group bookings welcome also, ph 6662 1924.
5. Rainbow Region Boat Club 7am Lake Ainsworth , Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
6. Dragon Abreast Northern NSW 8am Lennox Head Sport & Recreation Centre ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
7. Pottsville Markets ph 6685 7010
8. Northern Rivers Model Railroaders Run Day 10am to 3pm c/n McLean Ridges Rd & Bruxner Highway Wollongbar ph 6624 7463.
9. Lismore Jazz Club Lismore City Bowling Club ph 6622 5912.
Monday (April 19)
1. St Carthages Senior Day Care, 10am-2pm, Goonellabah Community Centre, for frail older people ph 6620 0008 or 6625 2600.
2. Ocean Shores and District Garden Club ‘s meeting at 1.30pm at St Anselms Anglican Church Orana Road Ocean Shores. Speaker Richo from Richo’s Landscaping who will speak on the right soil for the right plants, how to irrigate correctly and general landscaping question and answer session. This will be followed by a good time of fellowship around afternoon tea. Flower arrangements for the month- Easter Bonnet with fresh flowers. Visitors welcome ph 6680 2455.
3. Overeaters Anonymous meets 5.15 to 6.30pm at Red Dove Centre Keen St, Lismore
4. C.W.A. Alstonville will be holding a Craft, Chat, and Cuppa morning in the RSL Hall, Bugden Ave, Alstonville, with the collection for April being Hospital Visiting. Items can be left at this time, any enquiries call 6628 5660. All Welcome.
5. McKees Hill/Clovas Playgroup, 10am-midday, Clovass Community Centre, Bruxner Highway, Clovass, ph6662 3422.
6. Free Walking Group for anyone 18 years and older 5.15 to 6.30pm Meet at corner Brewster and Uralba Sts across Lismore Square ph 6628 1822.
7. Lismore Branch of Diabetes Australia 9.30am Lismore Workers Club Keen St Lismore ph 6624 1790.
8. Evans Head Laurel Club 10.am Evans Head R S L Club ph 6682 4237.
9. Post Natal Depression Support Group 1.30pm Goonellabah Community Health Centre Oliver Ave ph 6625 0111.
10. St Andrews Nursing Home Auxiliary Ballina meeting 9.30am ph 6686 3401.
11. Ballina C W A meeting 9.30am C W A rooms Ballina ph 6686 4652..
Lismore Red Cross Meeting 2.pm Red Cross House 132 Keen St Lismore ph Betty 6624 4724. Tintenbar Red Cross 10am to noon Tintenbar hall ph 6681 3801.
12. Bridge Club lessons 1pm Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334 for more information.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.