Local events on today and tomorrow
1. Lung Support Party Breakfast for the Lismore Lung Support Group at Wade Park Lismore for our 4th birthday. Exercise and walk 8am, breakfast 8.30am BBQ, cake, fruit, cheese, tea and coffee. Come, walk and celebrate with us ph 6621 2324 for more information.
2. Healthy Eating Workshop presented by NCAHS talks about ‘Filling up on Fruit and Veg’, lots of great ideas to help you eat more healthily and still enjoy yummy treats. Cost of five dollars includes morning tea. 10am – 12 noon at the Lismore Community Garden. For more information ph Linda on 6620 1815
3. Alstonville Orchid Society annual autumn show. A display will be on show at the Alstonville Plaza Shopping Centre today and tomorrow (shopping hours) ph 6624 2316 for more information.
4. Easter Concert called ‘He Lives’ 7.30pm St Mary’s Anglican church c/n Burnett & Norton Sts Ballina. Cost $8 and includes supper. Artists will be Joan Pickup, Peter Hewett, Marie Ferguson, Marg Tait, Ballina Christian Choir with special guests the Hearing Voices Choir from Lismore. All proceeds to Beyondblue, ph 6686 5859.
5. Lismore Community Garden Healthy Eating Workshop, 10am to noon at the Community Garden. Cost $5 includes a yummy morning tea, ph 6620 1815 for more information.
6. The Neighbourhood Club 10am Lismore City Hall ph 6621 5642.
7. Free Walking Group for anyone 18 years and older 5.15 to 6.30pm Meet at corner Brewster and Uralba Sts across Lismore Square ph 6628 1822
8. Lismore Laurel Club of Legacy meeting 10.30am C W A rooms Spinks Park Lismore ph 6621 4302
9. Coraki Rural Youth Club 7.30pm ph 6629 5217.
10. Social Support and Education group for guys under 26yrs 6pm to 8pm meal provided ph 6622 2193. or 6621 4170.
11. Northern River Legal Centre Casino Family Support Service ph 6662 6792.
12. Koonorigan BBQ 6.30 pm Koonorigan hall
13. Karaoke “meet fun people and make friends” 12.30pm to 2.30pm Lismore Challenge Auditorium 296 Molesworth t Lismore ph 6627 5000 or 6627 5026
14. Community 4 Kids Playgroup 10.30am to 12.30pm Kalina Nursing Home Activities room, ph 6624 3311 or 6623 1602.
15. Northern Rivers Community Transport- Dunoon Access Shopping Bus runs today. $10 return. Also picks up Tullera, Modenville, The Channon, Numulgi, Woodlawn, Nth Lismore. Enq & bookings 66247070 or driver Graeme Manning 0448484995.
16. Tintenbar Community Aid Network (TICAN) 8.30am, helping people in the local community, ph 6687 8033.
1. Friends of Ballina Shire Libraries April Book Sale, from 8am to 12noon in the Richmond Room (behind the Ballina Library) 6-8 River Street Ballina. Thousands of books will go on sale for 50cents each. There are also many “Special Books” videos & Records for sale at marked prices. For more information ph 6681 3019.
2. Kyogle monthly Arts and Crafts Market 8am to noon at Kyogle Memorial Institute hall Statheden Street Kyogle.
3. Alstonville Orchid Society annual autumn show. A display will be on show at the Alstonville Plaza Shopping Centre, today is the final day with presentation at 12noon today , ph 6624 2316 for more information.
4. Bridge Club 12noon Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334 for more information.
5. Lismore Toy Library, 9.30-11am, Lismore Town Library Magellan St
6. Op Shop Goonellabah, 9am-midday, ph 6624 1799.
7. Battlers Boutique Op Shop, 69 Union St, South Lismore, 9am-midday; also Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm. Proceeds to Westpac Lifesaver Helicopter.
8. Richmond – Tweed Family History Society Inc. will be meeting at 2pm at the Ballina Players Theatre, 24 Swift St, Topic: Ballina Slipway. Guest Speaker: Jerri White. All welcome. Further information ph Nola 6686 3257 embers please note change in date
9. Lismore Gem & Lapidary Club workshop 1pm to 4.30pm Arts & Crafts Pavilion Lismore Showground ph 6688 8280.
10. Rainbow Region Boat Club 7am Lake Ainsworth Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 222 3275.
11. Community Garden Workday 8am onwards. Bring water to drink and a piece of fruit to share ph 6620 1815.
12. Summerland Bonsai Society 1.30pm to 4.30pm Uniting Church hall Keen St Lismore.
13. Far Nth Coast Branch Cake Decorators meet 9.30am at Sth Lismore Primary School Hall. This is a workshop. Please bring workbox and paste, also bring your packed lunch. ph 6686 2777,
14. Alstonville R S L Sub branch 9am R S L hall Bugden Ave ph 6628 0302.
15. Lismore & District Embroiders Group 9.30am to 3.30pm Red Dove Centre Keen St Lismore ph 6624 1102.
Sunday (April 11)
1. New Italy Anniversary Day. Italian Mass starts 10.30am in the Community hall. Welcome speeches will start after 11.30am. Pasta plates and BBQ will be served from 11.30am and well into the afternoon with a variety of beverages. As usual we will be licensed. There will be the expected array of lively music, a jumping Castle for the children and a surprise auction. Dot and Tony Sawatzki will be honoured in the annual tree planting in the Park of Peace. For futher information ph 6682 2310 (Monday & Tuesday)
2. The Alstonville Community Market will be held undercover in the Apex Pavilion at the Alstonville Showground , from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
3. Dragon Abreast Northern NSW 7am Lennox Head Sport & Recreation Centre ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
4. Rainbow Region Boat Club 8am Lake Ainsworth , Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
5. Summerland Amateur Radio Club, 1.30pm, Richmond Hill Rd, Goonellabah. Transmitting and test equipment, Internet facilities, ph 6624 3838 or 6621 8342.
6. Lismore City Library open 1pm to 4pm 110 Magellan St Lismore ph 6621 2464.
7. Casino Miniature Trains on old Queensland Road near Golf Club, 10am-4pm. $4.00 fare with free admission to museum. Mid-week group bookings welcome also, ph 6662 1924.
8. Northern Rivers Model Railroaders “Run Day” cnr McLean Ridges Road and Bruxner Highway Wollongbar ph 6624 7463.
9. Rainbow Region Spiritual Church Service 3pm Clunes old school site Walker St Clunes (opp Fire Station) ph 6629 1254.
Monday (April 12)
1. Bridge Club lessons 1pm Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334 for more information.
2. Lennox Head VIEW Club monthly meeting 11.30am at the Lennox Head Bowling Club Stewart St Lennox Head. Guest speaker Sue Benson and her Topic ‘Life on a Longboat’ All welcome, ph 6687 7098 for meeting apologies or enquiries.
3. Young Mum’s Group. BDC SA and the Bunjum Aboriginal Co operative FREE Young Mum’s group. It is for young mum’s aged between 16 and 24 years old who would like some advise and support with raising their children. The group will run from 10am to noon at the Youth Activities Centre , 32 Swift St Ballina. Morning tea will be provided and we can pick up and drop off Mum’s needed. There will be opportunities for guest speakers to talk about various Topics such as breastfeeding, budgeting, maintaining healthy lifestyle and self care. There will also be games and toys for the kids and an opportunity to socialize and do activities with other young Mum’s. To register, please call Liz on 6681 5511.
4. CWA Alstonville Craft, Chat and Cuppa morning 9.30am Alstonville RSL hall Bugden Ave Alstonville. Alstonville C W A monthly meeting 1pm R S L hall Bugden Ave ph 6628 1295. Visitors and new members welcome. Our collection for April is hospital visiting items. Anyone may contribute; items may be left with the group on Monday mornings.ph 6628 1295 for more details.
5. Overeaters Anonymous meets 5.15 to 6.30pm at Red Dove Centre Keen St, Lismore
6. Brunswick Senior Citizens Indoor Bowls Club, 8.30am-midday, RSL Hall, Fawcett St, ph 6680 1059 or 6680 3537.
7. Indoor Bowls, 9.30am, $2 morning tea, take own lunch, prizes provided, McLeans Ridges Hall, ph 6628 0556 or 6628 3827.
8. DAISI (Disability and Aged Information Service Inc) on FNC of NSW, 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday, ph 1800 800 340.
9. Casino Family Support Service, 9am-4pm, Monday to Thursday, ph 6662 6792.
10. Mensline phone counselling service, ph 6622 2240, 7pm-11pm, every evening.
11. Lennox Heads CWA Branch 10am meeting Hoy 1.30pm.
12. Mid Richmond Vision Impaired Support Group 10.30am Evans Head RSL Club ph 6682 4838 or 6682 4988.
13. Brunswick Heads CWA Craft morning in C W A rooms.
14. Byron & District Orchid Society meeting 7.30pm Ewingsdale hall.
15. Gem & Lapidary Club monthly meeting 7.30pm Arts & Crafts Pavilion Showground Lismore ph 6688 8280.
16. For Mums with babies in the Ballina area who are having difficulties with feeding, unsettled behaviour and sleep, adjustment issues and postnatal distress . The Northern Rivers Family Care Centre outreach service is on today 9am to 3pm Room 21 Ballina Hospital. For referral, see your GP or Child & Family health nurse.
17. Bowel Cancer Support Group at Coffs Harbour ph 02 6569 5701.
18. Family Drug Support (F. D. S) 7pm to 9pm Guide hall Carlyle St Byron Bay (behind tennis courts) Non religious, open meetings for family members affected by drugs & alcohol. Open to anyone & providing opportunities to talk and listen to others in a non-judgmental, safe environment.ph 0427857092 or 6680 3369.
19. Ballina Climate Action Network (BCAN) 6pm Ballina Beach Resort Shaws Bay email: firstname.lastname@example.org
20. Clunes Red Cross will be holding a fashion parade at 11am. Fashions on display are by Fae of Gold Coast, and a trading table will be available upon the day. Entry $8 includes lunch. All welcome. Enquiries to C.Millett on 6628 7068.