1. U3A Northern Rivers Friday Forum 10am to 12noon Lismore Workers Sports Club Goonellabah Topic: What is the new ‘black’? Hugh Maloney and Geoff Walker. Visitors welcome. $1.50 tea/coffee, ph 6624 3022 for further information.
2. Blast 4 Youth, 3pm-5pm, YWCA, Level 1, 33-35 Rous Road, Goonellabah. Cost Free. Activities include computer access, art, craft, dance, music and video/ help with homework ph 6625 6602.
3. Jelly Beans Playgroup, 10am-midday, Senior Citizen’s Hall, 124 Ballina Rd, Goonellabah. Please bring fruit and drink for morning tea. No other food, as we cater for children with allergies. All welcome, ph 6624 7617.
4. Baby Playgroup for new parents with a baby under 18months, our baby playgroup offers a therapeutic experience for both parent and baby to explore. Come along and enjoy morning tea, informal support and make new friends. Held every Friday morning 10am to 12noon during school terms at 41 Wilson St South Lismore ph Sophie 6621 2489.
5. Mullumbimby Hospital Auxiliary Hospital 2pm meeting room ph 6684 2263.
6. Easter Dance 8pm Numulgi hall. Old time and New vogue dancing to Val’s music. Adults $8, high school students $2 other children free. Prizes, raffled & $75 Jackpot. Great supper. All welcome Proceeds to hall ph 6628 2255.
7. For Mums and babies in Evans Head who are having difficulties with feeding, unsettled behaviour and sleep, adjustment issues and postnatal distress 9am to 3pm Northern Rivers Family Care Centre outreach service , Evans Head Community Centre .For referral see your GP or child and Family health nurse.
8. Community 4 Kids Playgroup 10.30am to 12.30pm Kalina Nursing Home Activities room, ph 6624 3311 or 6623 1602.
9. Northern Rivers Community Transport- Dunoon Access Shopping Bus runs today. $10 return. Also picks up Tullera, Modenville, The Channon, Numulgi, Woodlawn, Nth Lismore. Enq & bookings 66247070 or driver Graeme Manning 0448484995.
1. Quilt Show, All Souls Church hall Ashton St Bangalow, today and tomorrow, at 9am to 4pm. Cost $5. There will be a stall of items, handmade by our members, just in time for Mother’s Day. Our local retail outlets will also have stalls. Devonshire teas and light lunches are available at Heritage House opposite All Souls hall. Bangalow markets are also on Sunday 28th March.
2. Ballina Toy Library, 10am-1pm, Regatta Ave, rear of River St Children’s Centre, ph 6686 0275 or 0411 719 074.
3. Red Dove Social Group, 9.30am-2.30pm, small group therapy for people with dementia , ph Service Manager on 6624 6711 for more information.
4. Gem & Lapidary Club workshop 1pm to 4.30pm Arts & Crafts Pavilion Lismore Showground ph 6688 8280.
5. Richmond- Tweed Family History Society research rooms open for business Mon 10am –4pm [Tues 10am- 1pm, Wed 1-4pm, Sat 10am to 4pm (except meeting days 10am to 1pm) 6 Regatta Ave , behind library, Ballina ph 6686 3257.
6. Ulmarra -on - Clarence Markets Ulmarra showground ph 6642 6843.
7. Yowie Country Markets 8am to 4pm Woodenbong hall and grounds, ph 6635 1176, 6665 3350 or email@example.com
8. Rainbow Region Boat Club 7am Lake Ainsworth Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
9. Bridge Club 12noon Italo Club North Lismore ph 6621 5334.
Sunday (March 28)
1. Westpac Helicopter Fund raiser being organised for today, for a Motorcycle Ride to O’Reilly’s for Lunch. Cost of ride $25/ pillion $10. This will be a fun day as well as fundraiser. For further info on the event call Maree on 6621 8553.
2. Quilt Show, All Souls Church hall Ashton St Bangalow, today at 9am to 4pm. Cost $5. There will be a stall of items, handmade by our members, just in time for Mother’s Day. Our local retail outlets will also have stalls. Devonshire teas and light lunches are available at Heritage House opposite All Souls hall. Bangalow markets are also on today.
3. Northern Rivers Wildlife Carers annual introduction to Rescue & Rehabilitation of Native Wildlife course 9am to 4pm at McLeans Ridges hall Cost $25 which includes a years membership . For more information ph 6624 7778 or email: jo firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be 18 years or over. If you have found an injured or orphaned animal please call the Northern Rivers Wildlife Carers 24 hour hotline on 6628 1866.
4. Rainbow Region Boat Club 7am Lake Ainsworth , Lennox Head ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
5. Dragon Abreast Northern NSW 8am Lennox Head Sport & Recreation Centre ph 6624 5481 or 048 2223275 for more information.
6. Summerland Amateur Radio Club, 1.30pm, Richmond Hill Rd, Goonellabah. Transmitting and test equipment, Internet facilities, ph 6624 3838 or 6621 8342
7. Lismore City Library will now be opening on Sunday Afternoon between 1-4pm This is in addition to normal hours 9.30am to 5pm Mon to Wed, 9.30am to 7.30pm Thurs to Fri and 9am to 1pm Saturday. Info 66212464.
8. Casino Miniature Trains on old Queensland Road near Golf Club, 10am-4pm. $4 fare with free admission to museum. Mid-week group bookings welcome also, ph 6662 1924.
9. Northern Rivers Chapter of the Fellowship of First Fleeters 11.30am meeting 269 Richmond Hill Road, Richmond Hill. There will be a BBQ supplied at a cost of $7 to First Fleeter members and $8 to non members. RSVP by Thursday 25th March ph 6624 2972.
Monday (March 29)
1. Clunes Social Bowls 9.30am Clunes hall. $7 includes morning tea and lunch ph 6629 1358.
2. Adventist Op Shop, 10am-4pm, Monday to Thursday, 44 Uralba St, Lismore.
3. Ballina Information & Referral Service, 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday, for all community information in Ballina area. Divorce assistance available, ring for appointment. Also Internet training and email access with one-on-one friendly tutors, $3 an hour, 42 Cherry St, Ballina, ph 6686 7776.
4. MEND (Anti-violence) Support Group, 17E Keen St, Lismore, ph 6622 6116.
5. Op Shop Goonellabah, 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday, ph 6624 1799.
6. Lismore City Concert Band rehearsals, 4.50pm-6.30pm, Arts & Crafts Pavilion Lismore Showground, ph 6621 3246 or 6628 0295.
7. Byron Youth Services, 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday, Byron Bay, ph 6685 7777.
8. Dads & Kids Playgroup 10am to 12.30pm Scouts hall 41 Wilson St South Lismore ph 6622 6116 for bookings.
9. Scottish Dancing 6pm to 8pm Tintenbar hall ph 6686 2076.
10. Brunswick Senior Citizens Indoor Bowls Club, 8.30am-midday, RSL Hall, Fawcett St, ph 6680 1059 or 6680 3537.
11. Indoor Bowls, 9.30am, $2 morning tea, take own lunch, prizes provided, McLeans Ridges Hall, ph 6628 0556 or 6628 3827.
12. DAISI (Disability and Aged Information Service Inc) on FNC of NSW, 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday, ph 1800 800 340.
13. Casino Family Support Service, 9am-4pm, Monday to Thursday, ph 6662 6792.
14. Mensline phone counselling service, ph 6622 2240, 7pm-11pm, every evening.
15. The Community Cauldron, 7pm, Twisted Sista Cafi, Lawson St, Byron Bay, ph 0409 782 786.
16. Alstonville CWA meeting 9.30am RSL Bugden Ave, ph 6628 1295.
17. St Carthage’s Senior Day Care Club, 10am-2pm, Goonellabah Community Centre, for frail older people, ph 6620 0008. (office) 6625 2600.
18. Kyogle Family Support Service, free counselling support, Mon-Thurs, 9am-3pm, Young Women’s Support Group, weekly 10am-midday, ph 6632 1044.
19. McKees Hill/Clovas Playgroup, 10am-midday, Clovass Community Centre, Bruxner Highway, Clovass, ph6662 3422.
20. CWA Rooms Lismore open Monday to Friday, 9am-2pm, for light refreshments.
21. Table Tennis, 7pm, Lismore Workers Sports Club Table Tennis Centre, ph 6624 5153.
22. Ballina RSL Women’s Bowling Club mixed (mufti day), commencing 9.30am.
23. Overeaters Anonymous 5.15pm to 6.30pm Red Dove meeting room, behind Uniting Church Keen St Lismore ph 6622 0369.
24. Relationship Communication for Women 10am to 11.30am meeting room Bangalow Psychology 20 Byron St Bangalow ph 6684 4299 or 6687 1164.
25. Free Walking Group for 18 years and older 5.15 to 6.30pm, Meet at Brewster St and Uralba St across from Lismore Square ph 6628 1822.
IF you have an event you wish to publish on our website, email: email@example.com
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.