FURIOUS boxer Jeff Horn has taken dramatic action after revealing he was not responsible for classless transgender-baiting on social media.
FURIOUS boxer Jeff Horn has taken dramatic action after revealing he was not responsible for classless transgender-baiting on social media.

Huge twist in Mundine transgender storm

A furious Jeff Horn has threatened to walk away from his promoters if they misrepresent him on social media again.

Horn found himself under attack after posts on the weekend on his official social media channels called out opponent Anthony Mundine for his views on homosexuality.

Promoter Dean Lonergan has since taken responsibility for the posts which linked to a newspaper article in which he was pushing to have gay and transgender people work alongside ring card girls for the Suncorp Stadium bout between Horn and Mundine on November 30.

Lonergan said the idea would only happen with the approval of Mundine - who has had to distance himself from comments he made about homosexuality earlier this year.

Both the article and the social media posts were labelled exploitative and a step too far for fight promotion.

Horn has since barred his promoters from using his social media accounts and made sure the posts were taken down.

"I think the lines were crossed ... they were meant to talk to me before they posted anything and they hadn't, that's why I've taken them down," he said.

"The promoters have put these things up making it look like I've said them and it is damaging to my reputation.

"I wouldn't say these things ... they know I'm very frustrated with these issues, they've apologised and said it won't happen again.

Jeff Horn and Anthony Mundine will finally get to business on November 30.
Jeff Horn and Anthony Mundine will finally get to business on November 30.

"I would be tempted to walk away if they were to continue that way."

Horn says he's not worried comments by his trainer Glenn Rushton that Mundine might resort to diuretics or banned substances to make the fight's 71kg weight could fire up his opponent.

The 43-year-old former rugby league star dismissed Rushton's comments, saying he was the "cleanest athlete Australia's ever had".

Horn said he had no concerns about Mundine's preparations.

"He's doing everything fine. I don't believe he's taking drugs or anything like that," Horn said.

"I'm sure he's (Mundine) going to be fired up, there's been a few things going around that have fired him up but training's hard enough at the moment. "I don't have time to be going on social media and getting into all that stuff."

News Corp Australia

Diving in deeper at Renew Fest

Diving in deeper at Renew Fest

Presenters and speakers wantewd for sustainability festival

Rams back-to-back titles

Rams back-to-back titles

Youth league win for Byron

12m high sculpture takes locals by surprise

12m high sculpture takes locals by surprise

"Byron Bay has a big silver dildo in the middle of the roundabout"

Local Partners