Headphones took off with a bang

A WOMAN on a Melbourne-bound flight has suffered burns after the battery-operated headphones she was wearing exploded and caught fire. The passenger was listening to music and napping on a recent flight from Beijing to Melbourne when about two hours into the journey the headphones caught fire and an apparent explosion jolted her from her slumber. The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has not disclosed the name of the woman but has released images of her injuries to highlight the issue of lithium batteries on flights.

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Country Club becomes the centre of power

GENERATION: Nationals Parliamentary Secretary for Renewable Energy Ben Franklin, presenting the funding to the Club - General Manager Andrew Spice, Golf Director Ian Wingad, Chairman Peter Tomaros, Treasurer Anne Slater, and Director Tony Dahl.

Grant to Shore emergency centre

An evening of Muslim Sufi music with Tahir Qawwal

LOCAL: Canadian-born Tahir Qawwal.

Qawwali is a form of Sufi devotional music from Pakistan and India

Beauty and the Beast as a ballet

TROUPE: Dancers Elise Jacques and William Douglas.

By the Victorian State Ballet

Local Partners