3.20pm: AUTHORITIES have confirmed that a house fire at 5am in Glenmore Rd today was preceded by a small fire at 1.30am at the same property.

A police media spokesman said authorities attended the same Glenmore Rd property earlier that morning for reports of a small fire that was ignited by a candle.

The residents were home at that time.

The spokesman said however, when the second fire flared up just before 5am no one was home.

No one was injured in the fire.

Investigations are continuing.

6am: JUST days after it survived Cyclone Marcia, a North Rockhampton home has been gutted by a fire early this morning.

Fire fighters arrived at the scene of the blaze in Glenmore Road at 5am  to find the high set house well involved with flame.

They extinguished the fire and are still putting out hot spots as smoke pours out of the upper section of the house.

No one was believed to be home at the time. No injuries reported.

More to follow including video with neighbour who raised the alarm and was first on scene.

 

 


What Ballina really needs to help save boaties' lives

Premium Content What Ballina really needs to help save boaties' lives

Death of renowned Ballina sailor on the bar highlights the dangers

Explained: What’s happening with holiday letting rules

Premium Content Explained: What’s happening with holiday letting rules

Rules come into effect in one area sooner than a neighbouring LGA

David Bowie reworked famous song at Northern NSW property

Premium Content David Bowie reworked famous song at Northern NSW property

A luxury property with an impressive musical secret is on the market