IF you were in the market for some memorabilia to mark the 50th year since Winston Churchill's death your search may be over.
A phial of the former prime minister's blood is going up for sale at auction next month.
The blood was taken from the wartime leader as he recovered from a hip injury at Middlesex Hospital in 1962 at the age of 87.
The blood is a poignant reminder of an injury which marked the beginning of the end for Churchill and, as such, we expect there to be great interest in it. It could sell for thousands.
Timothy Medhurst, Duke's auction house
According to the Guardian the blood was about to be thrown out when a student nurse by the name of Patricia Fitzgibbon asked if she could keep it, which she was.
Fitzgibbon kept the phial right up until her recent death and the sample will now be sold at Duke's auction house in Dorset on 12 March. It is expected to fetch between £300-£600.
15 OF WINSTON CHURCHILL'S MOST MEMORABLE QUOTES
1. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.
2. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
3. If you're going through hell, keep going.
4. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
5. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
6. I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
7. All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honour, duty, mercy, hope.
8. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
9. My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.
10. You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
11. The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
12. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
13. Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
14. The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
15. History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.