Easy 2 Ingredient Slice
THIS is a recipe passed onto me from my great aunt while I was a student. It is cheap, simple and easy to whip up when unexpected visitors pop around.
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 can condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a square loaf tin.
- Combine sifted flour and condensed milk in a bowl. Transfer mixture to tin..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Insert a skewer to check if slice is cooked on the inside, if it comes out clean the slice is ready.
- Coconut and Almond Slice - add 1/2 cup each of dessicated coconut and sliced almonds to the mixture.
- Date Slice - add 1 cup chopped pitted dates to the mixture.
- Apricot and Sultana Slice - add 1/2 cup each of chopped apricots and sultanas to the mixture.
- Choc Chip Slice - add 1/2 cup of chocolate bits to the mixture.