ACCUSED: Mark Tear, one of the men accused of making explosives, leaves Ipswich Police Station after a court appearance last year.
ACCUSED: Mark Tear, one of the men accused of making explosives, leaves Ipswich Police Station after a court appearance last year. FILE

Case of accused golf ball bomb maker delayed again

A DELAY in receiving medical reports has resulted in the case of one of the men charged with making explosives that maimed an Ipswich teenager being adjourned again.

Glen Charles Dell, 44, and Mark Antony Tear, 37, have been accused of making the explosives in a golf ball bomb that caused an Ipswich teen to lose four fingers on his left hand and one on his right when it exploded last year.

After Dell's matter was delayed for three months for reports to be gathered, a medical report from a doctor at the Princess Alexandra Hospital remains outstanding.

The court heard police had previously requested the material, but were still to receive the report from the doctor.

The two have also been charged over an explosion at a house in West Ipswich in May last year during which Tear lost his hand.

The explosion locked down the suburb as police scoured the area for more of the homemade explosives.

Defence lawyer Tim Clements told the court they would be conferencing with Dell this month to establish how he intended to proceed with the charges.

Magistrate Aaron Simpson said he wanted to matter to move through the system after a series of long adjournments.

The matter was adjourned until June 4.


Correction of a bit of a Furphy

Correction of a bit of a Furphy

Anzac Day correction of a furphy

Share some love with Mullum cottage

Share some love with Mullum cottage

Vote to supprt Mullumbimby Cottage

Spend money on veterans' health, not war memorials

Spend money on veterans' health, not war memorials

Former army chief calls for more mental health support for veterans

Local Partners