Byron's draft management plan
THE 2010-2013 Draft Management Plan and Budget is on public exhibition until May 10.
Byron Shire Council is seeking a 6.98 per cent special rate increase for 2010/11. The rate increase on the general fund will be for the following council services and infrastructure programs:
1. Byron Bay Library ($1.0m loan) $100,000
2. Byron Sport and Cultural Complex ($1.159m loan) $120,000
3. Byron Regional Sport and Cultural Complex maintenance $186,000
4. Increased regional library contribution $84,000
5. Information technology enhancements $195,000
6. Contribution to emergency services (RFS, lifesaving, SES etc) $175,000
7. Beach scraping at New Brighton $130,800
8. Wategos Walking Track $50,000
9. Matching funding for bikeways construction $55,200
Two public meetings will be held to enable the community to be informed of the contents of the draft documents:
Tuesday April 27 6pm Byron Shire Council Chambers
Station Street, Mullumbimby
Wednesday April 28 6pm Byron Shire Council Depot Training Room
Bayshore Drive, Byron Bay
All submissions should be addressed to the General Manager and clearly marked – “Submission – Draft Management Plan 2010-2013”, PO Box 219, Mullumbimby 2482.
Enquiries about the Draft Management Plan can be forwarded to the Executive Manager Corporate Management, telephone (02) 6626 7000.
Submissions Close: Monday, May 10.
The Draft Annual Management Plan may be inspected at Council’s Community Access Points throughout the Shire and on its website www.byron.nsw.gov.au