A man was shot by police at Bowen Police Station after he smashed through the back door while allegedly holding a knife in October 2019.
A man was shot by police at Bowen Police Station after he smashed through the back door while allegedly holding a knife in October 2019.

Bowen man in police shooting to have case finalised

A MAN accused of attempted murder after breaking through the back door of the Bowen police station where he was shot by two officers is expected to have his case finalised today.

Du Hai Le is facing a number of charges in Townsville Supreme Court.

More stories:

Teen splits neighbour’s lip in driveway assault

Web ban: Painter allegedly caught with sadistic child images

The 36 year old from Bowen has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder but guilty to the alternative charge of malicious act with intent to cause grievous bodily harm over the incident on October 9 last year.

Mr Le has also pleaded guilty to enter premise with intent, two counts of serious assault police while armed or pretending to be armed and wilful damage of police property.

Townsville Hospital confirmed the man shot by police in Bowen this afternoon is 35 years old. He’s now in a stable condition. Source- Twitter
Townsville Hospital confirmed the man shot by police in Bowen this afternoon is 35 years old. He’s now in a stable condition. Source- Twitter

Mr Le spent two weeks in hospital recovering from his injuries after he was shot.

A Queensland Police Service spokesman said Ethical Standards Command had finalised its investigation into the police shooting, which was overseen by the Crime and Corruption Commission.

More stories:

One Nation claims sole victory in Queensland election

Local news and rewards: $1 a week for first 12 weeks

“As the 36-year-old Bowen man has been charged, the Queensland Police Service is not able to provide any other comment,” the spokeswoman said.

His case is listed for sentence in Townsville today.


Stallholders ask for $90,680 back after Bluesfest cancelled

Premium Content Stallholders ask for $90,680 back after Bluesfest cancelled

One group asked for the return of fees due to an “unfair” clause

VIRUS FEARS: Quarantine worker tests positive in NSW

VIRUS FEARS: Quarantine worker tests positive in NSW

Quarantine worker tested positive to COVID-19

Alleged child sex offender to spend Christmas with mum

Premium Content Alleged child sex offender to spend Christmas with mum

THE man’s bail conditions has been varied in order for him to spend the holiday in...