BASHING victim Cameron Kanofski is angry the 12-month anniversary of his brutal attack has passed without anyone being brought to justice.
The Toowoomba 23-year-old says the legal system has let him and the general public down by enabling a man charged with the bashing to so far avoid conviction.
Mr Kanofski received three fractures to his skull after being king hit while across the road from the Portadown Hotel on January 31 last year.
He had surgery to correct the damage and now has two plates and eight screws around his eye that are going to be there for life.
"Police did find him and they charged him but he never got convicted because he skipped out," Mr Kanofski said.
Darling Downs district officer Detective Inspector Dave Isherwood confirmed the accused man had failed to appear in Toowoomba Magistrates Court on assault occasioning bodily harm charges in June last year.
A warrant was issued for his arrest.
Det. Insp. Isherwood said police information was that the man was no longer in Toowoomba.
"He is still wanted in relation to this matter," Det. Insp. Isherwood said.
Mr Kanofski said he felt let down.
"There has been so much media about trying to stomp out one punch kills and it just seems that if you are injured, it is not really high on their priority list.
"I understand that police can only do as much as they can do but it seems that this time the court system has let us down because he has taken off instead of being made to be held accountable for what he has done."
He said he had only recently applied for compensation.
"I've sort of been trying to move on with everything more so than make money out of it.
"I don't want one of my friends getting hit by the same guy and I want the general public to see that it won't be put up with, more than anything."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.