Menu
Entertainment

Baldwin urges Sheen to beg for job

RANTING STILL: Sheen.
RANTING STILL: Sheen.

CHARLIE Sheen has been urged by Alec Baldwin to "beg" for his job back.

The 45-year-old actor was officially fired from sit-com 'Two and a Half Men' earlier this week following months of erratic behaviour - including drug-fuelled parties with porn stars, attacks on the show's creators and a string of bizarre interviews - and while Charlie has insisted he is happy to be free of the programme, the '30 Rock' star thinks he should realise he is not bigger than the series.

In an essay penned for the Huffington Post newspaper, Alec said: "Take a nap. Get a shower ... And then beg for your job back. Your fans demand it.

"When executives at studios and networks move up to the highest ranks, they are given a book. The book is called 'How to Handle Actors'. And one principle held dear in that book is that no actor is greater than the show itself when the show is a hit.

"And in that regard, they are often right. Add to the fact that the actor who is torturing their diseased egos is a drug-addled, porn star-squiring, near Joycean Internet ranter, and they really want you to go."

Charlie - who is suing 'Two and a Half Men' bosses for $100 million over his firing - was also urged to make a public appeal for fans to forgive his recent behaviour.

Alec added: "Go on Letterman and make an apology. Sober up, Charlie. And get back on TV, if it's not too late.

"Beg for America's forgiveness. They will give it to you."

Charlie's fans are not the only people who Alec thinks deserve an apology.

Referring to 'Two and a Half Men' actor Jon Cryer, who Charlie branded a "troll" last week, he completed the essay by saying: "P.S. Buy Cryer a really nice car."

Meanwhile, Charlie - who lives in a mansion dubbed Sober Valley Lodge with girlfriends Bree Olson and Natalie Kenly - has been forced to hire round-the-clock security after a fan scaled a fence into his back garden.

David Pack, from Kansas City, Kansas, was arrested on suspicion of trespassing late Thursday (10.11.11) evening after walking up to the actor, who was relaxing by his pool with friends.

Speaking about the incident, a source said: "It shook everyone up."

>> More entertainment news


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Boat Harbour plans on display

SAFE HARBOUR: The draft plan for the upgrade to Brunswick Heads Boat Harbour

Brunswick Heads Boat Harbour plans on display

Kesha cancels Bluesfest performance

NO SHOWS: Kesha performing Praying at the 60th annual Grammy Awards in January. She injured herself earlier this month and has had to cancel her Australia and New Zealand tours, as well as her performance at Byron Bay Bluesfest.

Kesha will no longer be headlining Bluesfest 2018

It's apple season at the markets

MARKETS: High in fibre, vitamin c and antioxidants, it's no wonder apples have a reputation for keeping the doctor away.

She's all apples at local farmers markets.

Local Partners