Byron at Byron general manager Lyn Parche and sales and marketing manager Holly Galbraith in the grounds of the Byron at Byron resort which has won ‘Best Hosted Accommodation in Australia’ in the prestigious Gourmet Traveller travel awards.
Byron at Byron general manager Lyn Parche and sales and marketing manager Holly Galbraith in the grounds of the Byron at Byron resort which has won ‘Best Hosted Accommodation in Australia’ in the prestigious Gourmet Traveller travel awards.

Awards keep flowing for Byron resort

THE award-winning Byron at Byron Resort continues on its winning way with another three prestigious awards under its belt.

Last year the resort won ‘Best Hosted Accommodation in Australia’ in the Gourmet Traveller travel awards.

Last week the award featured in the top 10 in both the ‘Best Australian Resort’ and ‘Best Australian Spa’ categories in Luxury Travel and Style Magazine’s Gold List for 2009.

Now in its fifth year, the Gold List is one of the most comprehensive luxury travel surveys ever undertaken by an Australian magazine and is widely accepted as Australia’s premier travel awards.

And if that’s not enough, the Byron at Byron has also just won ‘Leading Hotel/Resort’ (International) in the Travel Digest industry awards.

“Awards are great for staff morale,” said Byron at Byron’s general manager Lyn Parche.

 “We have undertaken four years of international marketing to entice the international traveller to Byron Bay and the Northern Rivers.

 “The international award is recognition of the success of our international marketing campaigns and the dedication of our staff.”

While 40 per cent of the resort’s business is repeat business, the majority of the remaining 60 per cent guests are first-time visitors to Byron Bay.

 “These people are only just now discovering what makes the region so special,” said Ms Parche.
 “They usually spend a good deal of their visit discovering villages like Bangalow, Mullumbimby and Lennox Head.”

The Byron at Byron Resort welcomes locals to enjoy its award-winning restaurant and spa and wellness centre, which are both open to the public seven days a week.

Koala tree planting volunteers needed

Koala tree planting volunteers needed

Koala Tree Planting Day in Bangalow

Collective is never letting up

Collective is never letting up

Fighting against accommodation disruption

Parmas serve farmers

Parmas serve farmers

Remember to eat generously

Local Partners