AN Australian startup is looking to change how fans interact with sporting stars around the world.
Fan engagement company PADLOKT has today announced partnerships with UFC and several top-tier professional athletes from the NBA, NFL, cricket and track and field that will bring fans even closer to the action.
The service allows fans to see behind-the-scenes content of their favourite sports, as well as ask athletes questions via live, face-to-face video chats for a subscription fee of $1.99 a month.
"We created PADLOKT to give fans a simple way to build a real connection with their idols and vice versa," Managing Director and co-founder Trent Sydney said.
"We wanted to find a way for fans to ask the questions they've always wanted to ask, and for talent to answer those questions as they want them answered, face-to-face live over video and not through third parties.
"It's about stripping back barriers from both sides of the relationship, whether geographical or economical, and creating a safe place that facilitates the fan-celebrity relationship."
The deals announced today will see top athletes from the UFC join the following talent on PADLOKT:
- NBA basketball player Julius Randle from the Los Angeles Lakers
- NFL footballer Randall Cobb from the Green Bay Packers
- Four-time track and field Olympic gold medal winner Sanya Richards-Ross
- Former English international cricketer and professional Boxer Adam Hollioake
- US TV personality Marquel Martin
The first live two-way video sessions confirmed as part of the UFC partnership are*:
- UFC flyweight champion Demetrious 'Mighty Mouse' Johnson (15th Dec, 1PM AEST)
- No. 1 ranked UFC light heavyweight Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson (20th Dec, 10AM AEST)
- No. 5 ranked UFC bantamweight Cody 'No Love' Garbrandt (27th Dec, 1PM AEST)
UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic (29th Dec, 1pm AEST)
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.