DON'T like the rental car they've lined up for you?
Or hate the idea of having to talk to someone when dropping a car off?
This might just be the app for you.
Avis has launched a new service at Brisbane and Adelaide airport locations which is set to be rolled out across regional locations across the country.
Avis Preferred customers will be in "complete control of their car hire experience from start to finish" via their iOS or Android smartphone.
The app allows you to:
• Know when your car is ready and its exact location to save valuable time
• See the details of your rental on one screen including the dates of rental, make and model of the car
• View, confirm or edit details as needed
• View your rental agreement instantly
• See a full itemised receipt
Avis says the app will also allow you to:
• Exchange your car for another within the same car group
• Upgrade the car to one in a higher car group
• Extend your rental directly on the app
Push notifications will show you exactly where your reserved car is parked.
And you can even return the car with a tap of the app.
Managing director of Avis Australia, Kaye Ceille, said the app would revolutionise the way people hire cars in Australia.
"We worked closely with our customers to design the new rental process around their needs and wishes, and the result is an app experience that is more convenient, quicker and more personalised.
"When we launched this product in the United States, we learned that customers really enjoyed the ability to view available cars in real-time and exchange or upgrade their assigned car before arriving, or while at the car park.
"Customers also appreciated the ability to confirm, cancel or extend reservations and view their rental agreements at any time," Ms. Ceille said.
The enhanced functionality is available for Avis Preferred members via the Avis mobile application for devices on the iOS and Android platforms. Avis Preferred is free to join.
For more information, visit www.avis.com.au.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.