AUSTRALIAN musicians Iggy Azalea and Sia Furler are battling to take home one of America's biggest music prizes.
The rapper from Mullumbimby and the Adelaide singer-song-writer will compete for the Record of the Year at the Grammy Awards.
Australian country crooner Keith Urban is nominated for two country music awards at the event - Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Duo/Group Performance.
Azalea is also chasing Best Rap Album, Best New Artist and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance titles.
Furler has been nominated for Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Music Video.
Also up for Record of the Year are Sam Smith, Taylor Swift and Meghan Trainor.
Smith, Beyonce and Pharrell Williams have six nominations each. - APN NEWSDESK
Iggy Azalea is nominated for:
- Record of the Year (Fancy)
- Best New Artist
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (Fancy with Charli XCX)
- Best Rap Album (The New Classic)
Sia Furler is nominated for:
- Record of the Year (Chandelier)
- Song of the Year (Chandelier)
- Best Pop Solo Performance (Chandelier)
- Best Music Video (Chandelier)
Keith Urban is nominated for
- Best Country Solo Performance (Cop Car)
- Best Country Duo/Group Performance (Raise 'Em Up with Eric Church)
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.