Sea Eagles look out for Williams after nightclub incident

MANLY has backed winger David Williams after he was charged with offensive behaviour and affray over an incident outside a Kings Cross nightclub last month.

The charges relate to an incident in the early hours of May 27, in which a 29-year-old Rockdale man alleged he was assaulted outside a club on Kellett Street. The alleged incident happened after the man was asked to leave the club following an altercation with two other patrons.

Media reports said Williams was with Sea Eagles assistant coach Andrew Johns and teammate Justin Horo on the night in question, but there was no suggestion either Johns or Horo had done anything wrong.

Williams will face court on August 13, and the Rockdale man has also been charged.

Manly yesterday issued a statement saying it had been made aware of the charges against the former Australian representative.

"The NRL Integrity Unit has been advised of the matter and Manly will also conduct its own internal enquiries," the statement said.

"David denies any wrongdoing and will vigorously defend the charges. The club will not be making further comment at this time.'

Topics:  david williams manly sea eagles nrl

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

EXCLUSIVE: Juanes, the Latin heartthrob coming to Bluesfest

ON STAGE: Juanes performs at the 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year tribute honoring Fleetwood Mac at Radio City Music Hall on in New York.

He has sold 15 million records and won 20 Latin Grammys

Helping out our Younger Heroes

HEROES: Damien Schofield with some of the attendees at the most recent Younger Heroes camp at Mount Warning

Yonger Heroes score bank award.

These Vampires live on jazz

MUSICIAN: Alex Boneham.

The Australian Music Prize nominated jazz-world band play this week

Local Partners