Situated on a north-east facing 4193m2 (1acre) elevated plateau overlooking Byron Bay and its stunning coastline is this truly unique and incredible property.
The concept of this home came from a few values as guiding principles: To be solar passive, to use non-toxic (no VOC) materials, to express local vernacular and to champion sustainable design. The end result is this exquisite eco home sitting unobtrusively in the ridgeline of Coolamon Scenic Drive. Meticulous planning and research has preceded the design, resulting in the highest level eco home and inspiring architecture, whilst providing a superb space that makes living easy.
The home is planned over 3 spacious wings comprising 5 bedrooms plus a separate guest room / work studio, 2.5 bathrooms, 3 living rooms, dining room, wet room, laundry, wine cellar, several store rooms, plus a pool. A superb kitchen featuring locally milled Camphor laurel and bespoke stainless-steel kitchen sinks and bench. A gas cooktop plus a ceramic electric cooktop, oven and statement "Schweigen" range-hood. A kitchen of this calibre would not be complete without the butler pantry and integrated cool room.
Architectural features throughout including soaring atrium ceiling in the main wing, a feature glass illuminated stairwell and each room is positioned to capture breathtaking views.
Foundations are in place for the council approved completely separate studio
Small rural blocks are scarce in this area, this property has all of the advantages of a large rural lot without the maintenance. Situated within a few minutes' drive to Byron Bay and Bangalow yet surrounded by lush rolling green hills. This is truly one of the most stunning and unique properties you will ever experience.
Other features include:
• Multiple courtyards and decks
• Low maintenance gardens, veggie boxes
• Imported "Ethos" woodfire, low emission
• Extra insulation for sound proofing between floors
• Built with eco products including "eco"concrete, water pipes are polyethylene not PVC, "Ecolour " paint – no VOCs, "Comcork" floors – no VOCs, Alpaca wool carpet
• "Edwards" solar hot water system with gas instant hot water backup
• 97 kw stand-alone solar voltaic system battery storage with generator as a backup
• Outdoor woodfire oven
• 80,000 litre rainwater storage with "Purion" UV light treated filter system
84 Coolamon Scenic Drive, Coorabell, New South Wales, 2479, Australia