WITH a presidential like entourage and hundreds of security guards on standby, teen sensation Justin Bieber will this month return to the Sydney stage he was once forced to flee after almost being crushed by a stampede of crazed fans.
In April, 2010, the baby-faced singer was forced to abandon a planned performance in Sydney's Circular Quay for morning show Sunrise after hoards of screaming teenagers broke down the stage barriers.
The manic fans ruined the experience for the thousands of other girls who had travelled from all over the country to get a glimpse of their Canadian idol.
Among them was Fraser Coast fan Aby Chapman.
The 14-year-old and her friends arrived at Circular Quay at 3am thinking they would beat the crowds but when they arrived they realised they were in for a wild morning.
"It was crazy - girls were screaming, some were in tears, some were getting super angry, parents were freaking out," Aby said.
"People were passing out and when they told us it was cancelled being started bawling and getting really angry - we were in shock."
This week Sunrise producers announced Bieber would brave the Sydney audience once again on July 18.
Hundreds of security guards will be brought in to control unruly fans.
Aby hopes to be there again but if not, she is content holding on to the memory of the moment she and her friend's finally got to see Bieber live at his Brisbane concert last year.
She believes the star's humble attitude towards his fans has attracted the cult following.
"I think that people can sympathise with him (because) he was brought up with nothing and he followed his dream and made it happen," Aby said.
"He doesn't care what the critics say he believes in himself."
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.