FALLS Festival Byron director Brandon Saul hit the beach last week to hand over $2500 to the Brunswick Heads Nippers for some brand new surfboards.
Every year, The Falls Music & Arts Festival puts $1 from each ticket sold into a Falls Festival Community Fund which is then distributed to a range of local organisations.
"Our local community is full of people who work tirelessly, on a volunteer basis, for small organisations that contribute hugely to the wellbeing of the whole," Mr Saul said.
"Falls are thrilled to be able to provide support and acknowledgement through our Community Fund."
Other recipients included:
- Ocean Shores Community Centre: $2500 to go towards the local theatre group's Open Day and scoping extensions for the hall.
- Pottsville Beach Neighbourhood Centre: $2500 so it can continue to offer the Pottsville Parenting Insights Program.
- Crabbes Creek Community Hall: $2500 to go towards Crabbes Creek New Year's Eve fireworks.
- Byron Bay Community Theatre's NYE Soul Street event: $7500 as part of Byron Shire Council and the Summer Safe Committee's initiative.
- Byron and Tweed organisations can apply for next year's Community Fund grants by emailing byroninfo@fallsfestival .com
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.