CHARLIE Sheen has reportedly failed in a bid to get increased access to his daughters.
The troubled actor and ex-wife Denise Richards entered negotiations at a Los Angeles law office earlier this week, but the actress refused to grant his request to have their children Sam, seven, and Lola, five, to spend weekends with him.
A source told E! Online: "Denise wants Charlie to be healthy. She wants the girls to see him, but certain behaviours need to be shut down.
"This is up to Charlie. If he wants to be a dad, he can be. But he has to prove he's healthy and has his life in order."
During the meeting, "neutral third parties" agreed with Denise and Charlie - who also has two-year-old twins Bob and Max with ex-wife Brooke Mueller and 26-year-old daughter Cassandra with Paula Profit - is not expected to take his bid to court.
Earlier this week, the 45-year-old actor criticised a court's decision not to give him custody of Bob and Max, even though Brooke is now in rehab after refusing to take a court ordered drug test.
He said: "I thought it was a s**t sandwich. Two slices of bread filled with s**t. Seemed like there were rules in place and it seemed like someone didn't follow them. And there's no consequences, so I don't get it. System is broke, you know."
Instead of receiving the full custody he was seeking, for the next two months, Charlie will have the boys every other weekend from Saturday morning to Monday morning. After that - provided both he and Brooke stay alcohol and drug free - he will have them an additional Wednesday morning through to Thursday morning.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.